Matcha and Pecan Mini-Cakes
These Matcha and Pecan Mini-Cakes came about because my friends Dominica, Marcin and Iain had decided we needed an adventure. This adventure would take us to Stonehenge for the Summer Solstice. I remember we munched on these as we delighted in our make shift picnic strewn across the grass as the sunset and a mug of tea in one hand and one of these cakes in another.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert, Snacks
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 15g yeast
- 200ml filtered water
- 150g coconut oil
- 100g unrefined raw coconut sugar
- 25g matcha
- 300 “00” doppio flour
- 75g coconut flour
- 100g pecans
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius.
- Place the yeast in lukewarm filtered water and set to one side.
- Cream the coconut oil with the sugar in a food mixer. Add the yeast mixture. Combine well.
- Add the matcha and flour. Combine well.
- Spoon in the pecans.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 25 minutes. It should still have a moist texture.
- Remove from the oven and set to one side on a rack.
- Once cooled down, cut into squares.