Red Camargue Rice Salad
Red Camargue Rice Salad has this nutty flavour to it once cooked. So this recipe came about because a couple of my friends, Eve and Dani were holding Limehouse Pride. It was its inauguration.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main, Salad, Side
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 300g red camargue rice
- ½ lemon (whole – flesh and peel)
- 4tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick, ground
- ½ inch ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- bunch of spring onions, chopped
- few sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the red camargue rice in a container full of filtered water into a steamer (I use about 750ml). Steam for 25 minutes. Place the rice into a large bowl, retaining the water. Leave to one side.
- Place the lemon and oil in a blender and blend well. Remove and place in a separate bowl. Add the garlic and ginger, cinnamon. Mix well. Stir into the rice.
- Toss in the spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Season to taste and serve.