Mint Pomegranate Aduki Bean Casserole
Aduki beans are just so versatile; there is something about their texture and distinctive taste. Fenugreek is one of those spices that I find really contrasts with the aduki beans. Why not give this Mint Pomegranate Aduki Bean Casserole a try?
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 200g aduki beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2tsp fenugreek
- 1ltr water
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- mint leaves
- Soak the aduki beans overnight in water. Drain and wash in fresh water.
- Place the onion, garlic and oil in a pressure cooker. Cook until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the fenugreek powders and form a marsala paste. Add aduki the measured water and coconut milk. Seal and place under pressure for about 15 minutes. Remove from the pressure.
- Just before serving combine in the dish with lemon juice, mint leaves and pomegranate seeds.