- 2 large oranges (yielding around 90g of flesh)
- 200g ground almonds
- 100g polenta
- 75g raw unrefined sugar
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml olive oil
- 70ml water (if the oranges don’t yield 90g flesh then top with water – see below)
- 2tsp orange blossom water
- Place the orange in a sauce pan full of water so that the oranges are submerged. Bring to the boil and, boil for about 30 minutes. Once cool, remove the skin. Set to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin with olive oil and set to one side.
- In a food processor, grind the polenta, sugar, cardamom seeds. Place in a large mixing bowl with the baking soda and salt. Set to one side.
- Weigh the orange – top with water so that the total weight comes to 160g. Place the orange and water in a food processor. Add these ingredients to the dry. Give only a quick combination.
- Add in the blossom water and the oil. Give another quick combine.
- Dish into the cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour. Cover with foil for the first 50 minutes and leave uncovered for the last 10 minutes. The crust will turn into a light golden colour and a skewer should be able to run through.
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef