Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Vegan Alfredo Sauce is perhaps one of my simplest dishes. I use butter beans/cannellini beans and roasted garlic for this Vegan Alfredo Sauce. Just a pinch of salt, white pepper and some lush cauliflower topped with parsley. Well, perfection knows no boundaries.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main, Starter
Cuisine: Vegan, nutfree, glutenfree, gf
- 50g butter beans soaked in water overnight
- 50ml retained butter bean water
- 200g cauliflower florets
- 3 cloves of garlic, plus oil for drizzling
- 3tbs oil
- White pepper
- Soak the butter beans overnight.
- The following day, preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Pressure cook the beans for about 30 minutes. Leave in the cooker with the water. Set to one side.
- Drizzle some oil over the garlic cloves and roast in a small baking tray in the oven. Bake until golden brown. Carefully remove the skin and set to one side.
- Steam the cauliflower for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the beans into a large mixing dish, separating out the bean liquid. Weigh 50ml of the bean liquid – but use the tail end of the liquid as that will retain the flavour.
- Please the beans and bean liquid into a food processor, with oil and cauliflower and garlic. Add a pinch of salt and a little pepper. Whizz until the alfredo sauce becomes a soft consistency.
- Garnish the vegan alfredo sauce with parsley.
- Serve the vegan alfredo sauce with pasta of your choice.