Temptation doesn’t need to be lonesome. And, shudder.
Soft spongy moist oozing Peanut Butter Cookies infused with aromatic crushed fennel and fragrant lavender seeds.
This dish will burst your belief that vegan can’t be super tasty.
- When you’re lounging on the sofa with a good book in hand and a dish that’ll have you nibbling away as you dive further into each chapter
- When the kiddies have just returned from after school games and a little treat to go with a vegan cuppa is what’ll satiate their hunger pangs
- When you’ve run through gale force winds and pelting down rain and a delicacy that’ll have you dry in a jiffy is just what the chef ordered
Peanut Butter Cookies was inspired when passing by a local bakery and returning home wanting to dish up my own vegan version – but with a bit of nowse.
Peanut butter is relatively unprocessed so ensure you get the traditional one without the added hydrogenated fats or sugars. They’re a good source of protein. Or, make your own Peanut Butter. Here’s my recipe for Peanut Butter.
Fennel seeds act as diuretic and improve metabolism. They are also good at abating those hunger pangs. Lavender seeds aid digestion.
A combo of peanut butter, fennel and lavender seeds is off the charts.
Peanut Butter Cookies are vegan and gluten-free.
- 75g peanut butter
- 60g almonds, blanched and ground
- 50g millet
- 40g tapioca flour
- 100g raw unrefined cane sugar
- 100ml coconut milk
- 25g olive oil
- 30g flaxseeds
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 1tsp lavender seeds
- 1tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a high-speed processor grind the millet, sugar, flaxseeds and salt.
- Blanche the almonds by placing in hot boiling water. Remove skin and pat dry. Add to the processor and continuing grinding. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the tapioca flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour in the coconut milk and oil and combine well. Cream in the peanut butter.
- Take a pestle and mortar and crush the fennel and lavender seeds. Add to the mix.
- Line large baking tray with parchment paper and oil.
- Take an ice-cream scoop, and scoop out some dough. Use a knife to sweep away any excess. Scoop onto the parchment paper. Repeat until your tray is full but make sure there is sufficient space to permit the cookies to spread out as they bake.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve with a nice cuppa.