- 375ml white whine
- 50g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 4 cloves of India
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 crushed juniper berries
- 3 sprigs of sage
- Cut the stems of the rhubarb to about 3 or 4 inches.
- In a large saucepan, bring the wine and sugar to bio.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for about 30 minutes. Add the cloves, cinnamon stick, juniper berries and sage. Place the glass lid on top.
- Add the rhubarb and simmer for about 5 minutes. Switch off the heat. Leave overnight so that the spices and herb infuse into the rhubarb.
- The following day, gently remove the rhubarb and serve with its juices, discarding the spices and herb.
- Chill the rhubarb until ready to serve.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef