Polenta with Olives and Sundried Tomatoes
Polenta with Olives and Sundried Tomatoes came about because I had wanted to use my polenta that was sitting in my pantry. I love the combination of the salty and unique tastes of olives and sundried tomatoes.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main, Side
- 25g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 375ml filtered water
- 125g polenta
- 50g olives, destoned and chopped
- ½ lemon, juice
- few chopped chives
- 1 tbs olive oil
- For Garnishing
- Chives, chopped
- Soak the sundried tomatoes in filtered water for three to four hours. Set to one side.
- Drain the water from the sundried tomatoes and place in a medium saucepan. Add the potenta and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the sundried tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and a few chopped chives.
- Line a small baking tray with the olive oil. Line with grease proof paper and pour in the polenta. Smooth over with the back of a spatula. Place in the fridge for a few hours.
- Serve, garnishing with the remaining chives.