- 3tbs flaxseed, ground
- 50ml water
- 300g “00” doppio flour
- 150g coconut oil, melted
- 1 orange juice, and zest
- 75g unrefined cane sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond essence
- ½ tsp salt
- 250g pomegranates
- 200g vegan cream
- 50g unrefined cane sugar
- 1tbs tapioca flour
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Soak the flaxseed in water and leave to one side.
- Place flour and oil in a food mixer and using a dough hook combine.
- Add in the orange zest and juice, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt.
- Add in the flaxseed and water to the dough.
- Switch off the mixer and fold in 200g of pomegranate. Retain the remainder for garnishing.
- Line a 9 inch circular cake tin with some olive oil. Place parchment paper round the tin so that it covers the edges.
- Fold in the dough mixture into the tin. Cover with aluminium foil for about 1 hour. The cake is baked once a skewer placed into it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing the cake from the tin. Place on a serving dish.
- To make the frosting, melt the vegan cream in a saucepan. And the sugar. Stir for a few minutes under a medium heat until absorbed. Sift in the tapioca flour. Continuing stirring gently for a few minutes.
- Allow the frosting to stand for about 10 minutes before pouring onto the cake. Garnish with the remaining pomegranate.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef