- 3tbs flaxseed, ground
- 50ml water
- 300g “00” doppio flour
- 150g coconut oil, melted
- 1 orange juice, and zest
- 75g unrefined cane sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond essence
- ½ tsp salt
- 250g pomegranates
- 200g vegan cream
- 50g unrefined cane sugar
- 1tbs tapioca flour
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Soak the flaxseed in water and leave to one side.
- Place flour and oil in a food mixer and using a dough hook combine.
- Add in the orange zest and juice, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt.
- Add in the flaxseed and water to the dough.
- Switch off the mixer and fold in 200g of pomegranate. Retain the remainder for garnishing.
- Line a 9 inch circular cake tin with some olive oil. Place parchment paper round the tin so that it covers the edges.
- Fold in the dough mixture into the tin. Cover with aluminium foil for about 1 hour. The cake is baked once a skewer placed into it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing the cake from the tin. Place on a serving dish.
- To make the frosting, melt the vegan cream in a saucepan. And the sugar. Stir for a few minutes under a medium heat until absorbed. Sift in the tapioca flour. Continuing stirring gently for a few minutes.
- Allow the frosting to stand for about 10 minutes before pouring onto the cake. Garnish with the remaining pomegranate.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society