Pomegranate Oat Pie
Again this is gorgeous combination of the pomegranate with the oats. As I have mentioned I do not try to put too much sugar in my desserts so that the other flavours come through. Crunching into the pomegranate and the pastry is what makes this dish for me.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 60g filtered water
- 140g “00” doppio flour
- 30g vegetable shortening
- Pinch salt
- 500ml oat cream
- 50g oats
- 1 pomegranate, seeds
- 50g sugar
- 1tsp agar agar
- 100g tapioca flour
- 25g flaked oats for decorating
- Soak 50g oats in the oat cream overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan place the oat cream, 50g oats, sugar, agar agar and tapioca and heat for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the flour, water and vegetable shortening into a mixer. Combine using a dough hook until well kneaded. This should be about 10 minutes.
- Line a flat tray with vegetable shortening.
- On a flat surface covered with flour, roll the dough into a circle, wide enough to cover the flan and over the edges of the flan tray. Line the dough in the flan tray.
- Top tip – the dough will start to spring back during the baking process
- Prick the dough with a fork all over the dough base. Cook the base for 5 minutes in the oven. Remove.
- Add the pomegranates to the batter and gently fold onto the base. Smooth over. Sprinkle on the flaked oats.
- Cook the pie in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
• No cholesterol
• No cholesterol
Serving size: 130g Calories: 306 Fat: 12.8g Carbohydrates: 43.1f Sugar: 7.9g Sodium: 272mg Fiber: 2.4g Protein: 3.9g Cholesterol: 0