- 250g spelt flour
- 130ml water
- 60ml olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 500ml vegan oat cream
- 2tsp agar agar
- ½ medium onion
- 1tbs olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- few sprigs of oregano (or 1tsp dried oregano)
- 275g variety tomatoes
- 5g nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Place the flour, water, oil and salt into a mixer. Combine using a dough hook until well kneaded. This should be about 10 minutes.
- Line a 9 inch flan tray with olive oil.
- On a flat surface covered with flour, roll the dough into a circle, wide enough to cover the flan and over the edges of the flan tray. Line the dough in the flan tray. Prick the dough with a fork all over the dough base.
- For the filling, place the oat cream and agar agar over a light heat and gently stir until it starts to thicken. Set to one side.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil until translucent. Add the onion, salt, garlic and oregano to the cream. Stir and pour onto the base of the flan.
- Litter the tomatoes evenly on top and back in the oven for about 25 minutes. After 20 minutes sprinkle the nutritional yeast.
- Remove from the oven and set to one side overnight at room temperature.
- Serve cold.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society