- 250g spelt flour
- 130ml water
- 60ml olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 500ml vegan oat cream
- 2tsp agar agar
- ½ medium onion
- 1tbs olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- few sprigs of oregano (or 1tsp dried oregano)
- 275g variety tomatoes
- 5g nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Place the flour, water, oil and salt into a mixer. Combine using a dough hook until well kneaded. This should be about 10 minutes.
- Line a 9 inch flan tray with olive oil.
- On a flat surface covered with flour, roll the dough into a circle, wide enough to cover the flan and over the edges of the flan tray. Line the dough in the flan tray. Prick the dough with a fork all over the dough base.
- For the filling, place the oat cream and agar agar over a light heat and gently stir until it starts to thicken. Set to one side.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil until translucent. Add the onion, salt, garlic and oregano to the cream. Stir and pour onto the base of the flan.
- Litter the tomatoes evenly on top and back in the oven for about 25 minutes. After 20 minutes sprinkle the nutritional yeast.
- Remove from the oven and set to one side overnight at room temperature.
- Serve cold.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef