- 500g sweet potatoes
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 150g chestnuts
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 1tbs baking powder
- 250ml vegan cream
- 200ml vegan milk
- 2tsb apple cider vinegar
- 2tbs bicarbonate of soda
- few sprigs of tarragon
- 2tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a oven proof dish. Baste with the coconut oil. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Puree the chestnuts in a food processor and place in a large mixing bowl with the flour, baking powder. Combine with the vegan cream and vegan milk to form a dough.
- Add the cider vinegar and bicarbonate of soda. Continue whisking.
- Fold in the sprigs of tarragon.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked. Remove the skins. Add to the chestnut mixture.
- Line a 30cm by 20cm baking tray with oil and parchment paper.
- Fold in the mixture and with the back of spatula smooth over. Cover with aluminium foil. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove and baste with olive oil.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for about 10 minutes.
- Use 3-inch cutters to shape into cakes or alternatively using a knife cut into squares.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef