- 500g sweet potatoes
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 150g chestnuts
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 1tbs baking powder
- 250ml vegan cream
- 200ml vegan milk
- 2tsb apple cider vinegar
- 2tbs bicarbonate of soda
- few sprigs of tarragon
- 2tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a oven proof dish. Baste with the coconut oil. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Puree the chestnuts in a food processor and place in a large mixing bowl with the flour, baking powder. Combine with the vegan cream and vegan milk to form a dough.
- Add the cider vinegar and bicarbonate of soda. Continue whisking.
- Fold in the sprigs of tarragon.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked. Remove the skins. Add to the chestnut mixture.
- Line a 30cm by 20cm baking tray with oil and parchment paper.
- Fold in the mixture and with the back of spatula smooth over. Cover with aluminium foil. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove and baste with olive oil.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for about 10 minutes.
- Use 3-inch cutters to shape into cakes or alternatively using a knife cut into squares.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society