Baked crunchy burst Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Carrots caramelised in maple syrup, and toasted sesame seeds.
Gasp for delight as you tuck into something crunchy.
This dish will burst your belief that vegan food can’t be nourishing and simple to make.
- When you’ve got a dinner party and need a side dish that dazzles
- When you’ve plucked carrots from your local supermarket and fancy a little treat that’s easy to rustle up
- When you’ve just harvested some raspberries and a wholesome dish that will satiate your appetite is needed
Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Carrots is my go-to recipe for entertaining guests. It looks colourful and oozes with taste. The caramelised carrots meld with the sweet yet sharp taste of the raspberries.
This dish was inspired when I’d been working on a meal plan for a dinner party and needed a quick and easy dish that hypnotised my guests.
This recipe is vegan and paleo.
What equipment to use
For this recipe, I suggest:
What to do next
Tag me on @ethiveganquantum on Instagram to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
My recipes are featured in vegan speciality publications: Nourished, Vegan Life, Plant Based and Vegan, Food and Living.
Order my first self-published book, “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” part of the three-part Circle of Food series. My second book “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” – which explores how to maintain a vegan practice is out in 2027 – I have compiled all the chapters including recipes.
Going strong since 2013.
- 500g carrots
- 125g raspberries
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1tbs maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if a convection oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the carrots diagonally across. Place into an oven proof dish.
- Make the marinade by mixing together the oil, vinegar, syrup and salt and pepper. Stir in the raspberries.
- Glaze the marinade over the carrots.
- Bake the carrots in oven for about 30 minutes, until the carrots turn a lovely golden orange colour. Keep basting once in a while. Remove from oven.
- Toast sesame seeds over a dry heat in a fry pan until they turn golden. Garnish over the raspberries and carrots.
- Serve warm.