- For base
- 250g carrots
- 100g coconut flakes
- 100g dates
- For topping
- 300g damsons
- 250g vegan cream
- 250ml cashews
- 50g raw unrefined coconut sugar
- De-stone the damsons. Set to one side.
- Place the carrots, coconut flakes and dates in a food processor and well combined and in a small pieces.
- Line a 7-inch cake tin with grease proof paper. (I use a tin with a removable base to make it easier for serving). Pat the carrot mixture onto the base. Even out with the bottom of a spatula.
- Place the cashews in a food process and whizz finely. Ad the sugar, vegan cream and damsons and continuing whizzing until it forms a smooth paste.
- Using a spatula pour the damson mixture on top of the carrot base. Smooth over.
- Place in the freezer for about 3 or 4 hours or until you are about to eat.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow to defrost at room temperature for a couple of hours before serving.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society