- 300g black beans
- 700ml water
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- ½tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 200ml red wine
- Soak the beans in water overnight and discard the water the following day.
- In a pressure cooker, add the black beans with water. Close the pressure cooker and once it starts to steam, cook for 25 minutes. Switch off the heat. Release the steam and give the contents a stir.
- In a fry pan sauté the onion in oil under a medium heat until the onions turn translucent. Set to one side.
- Once the beans are cooked in the pressure cooker, the beans are well softened.
- Add the wine, garlic, chilli powder, smoked paprika, salt and powder.
- Cook under a medium heat and without the lid for a further 5 minutes.
- Season further for taste and serve.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef