Recipe: Bombay Potatoes
If you are looking to spice up your potato side dish, then a hearty helping of Bombay Potatoes may just be your answer....
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main, Sides
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 600g potatoes peeled, and diced
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tbs mustard seeds
- 1tbs coriander seeds
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 4tbs water
- 1tsp black powder
- Place potatoes in boiling water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 20 minutes until the potatoes soften and you are able to slide a knife through. Place in a colinder and allow the water to drain off. Set to one side.
- In a saucepan sauté the onion in oil under a medium heat until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, mustard seeds, coriander seeds and fry for about a minute. Then add the turmeric, salt, pepper and water and continue cooking under a medium heat for a couple of minutes. The onions should form a bright yellow Marsala mixture.
- Add the drain pototoes to the Marsala and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until well combined. As soon as the Bombay Potatoes are well cooked, it is ready to serve.
- Season further for taste and serve.