Quiver with delight. And, dive in.
Roasted Butternut Squash boats with marinaded aubergine, courgettes and onions and infused with citrus orange, paprika, thyme and cinnamon.
This dish will topple your belief that vegan food can’t be super yummy.
- When you want to amaze your Dinner party guests with a visually stunning easy to put together dish
- When you fancy lounging in front of a good flick with your feet curled up on the sofa
- When your mates pop over for games night and need a little light supper to grease your palms
Roasted Butternut Squash was inspired when out in Greece and being served with an array of satiable dishes by a dish and loving the rich colour of butternut squash.
Roasted Butternut Squash is vegan and paleo.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 aubergine
- 1tsp salt
- 1 courgette
- 1 onion
- 3tbs olive oil
- 2tbs cider vinegar
- ½ orange juice
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- Roughly chop the aubergine and place in bowl. Rub the aubergine with salt and set to one side, replaced in a colander over a bowl. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Make the marinade by mixing together the marinade in a large bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if a convection oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the skin of the butternut squash and slice into 1.5cm thick mandilions. Scoop out any seeds. Place on parchment on a baking tray.
- Wipe the aubergine chunks in a tea towel to remove any excess moisture and toss into the marinade with the chopped courgettes and sliced onion.
- Scoop the vegetable chunks and place into the butternut squash boats.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.