Tonsils out. And, indulge.
Rose and Hibiscus Poached Figs infused with Star anise, cracked cardamon pods, bay leaves and zest of lime.
This dish will topple any belief that vegan food isn’t super tasty.
- When you’re feeling boisterous and yearning for an intoxicating dessert that’ll have you punching the air
- When you’ve just returned from the gym and need something lush that’ll have you satiated
- When you’ve got a dinner party organised and pushed for time and a dessert you can create in a few minutes is what’s needed as you pamper yourself getting ready for the big nights with a few choice mates
Rose and Hibiscus Poached Figs was inspired when having some buddies for games night and wanting to create a glittery atmosphere as we relished in the joy of playing.
Figs are a sacred symbol and symbol of peace, abundance and knowledge. As an aphrodisiac it represents erotic desires and a sign of fertility.
Rose and Hibiscus Poached Figs is vegan and paleo.
- 4 figs
- 200ml filtered water
- 100g raw unrefined cane sugar
- Few hibiscus petals
- 1tbs rose petals
- 2 star anise
- 3 cardamoms pods, cracked
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of lime
- Melt the sugar in water in a medium pan. Add the rose petals, star anise, cardamom pods, bay leaves and salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes. Switch off the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool cut the figs in two. Turn over the figs over. Marinade in the juices in a fridge for at least three or four hours.
- Garnish with zest of lime.
- Serve with natural yoghurt.