- 400g potatoes, roughly chopped
- 500g pumkin, roughly chopped
- 1.5 litres filtered water
- 1 stick of lemon grass
- 1 stick of celery, cut in two
- 2 carrots, sliced in rough chunks
- 1 lime, topped and tailed and sliced in three, leave skin on
- ½ bunch of sage, take the leaves off the stem
- 400g tin of kidney beans
- 400g tin of broad beans
- In a large saucepan, add the potatoes and pumpkin to the water and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil.
- Add the celery, lemon grass, carrots, lime and sage. Reduce heat and simmer over a low heat for about an hour.
- Add the beans and cook for a further 15 minutes
- Top tip – I do not particularly like beans in this dish to go mushy or overwhelm the taste of the vegetables, so that is why I prefer to add these towards the end.
- Season too taste, take out the celery, lime and lemon grass and serve with chunks of grainy bread.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef