Sample a taste of yumminess. And, flutter.
Stuffed Peppers with nutty Camargue Rice and juicy Apricots infused with oregano, lemon juice and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
This dish will burst your belief that vegan food can’t be incredibly simple to put together.
- When you’ve got guests over last minutes famished and ready for some wholesome nutritional grub
- When you’ve just spent the day out gardening and need a nourishing dish that’ll tick all the boxes
- When it’s a Friday night and you’ve got a nice bottle of bubbly in the fridge and a fancy something a little exotic, lush and simple
Stuffed Peppers with Camargue Rice and Apricots was inspired when I lived in Nottingham having guests over for dinner and wanting a simple dish easy to rustle up without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Camargue rice is a type of red rice cultivated in the wetlands of Camargue region in the south of France. It has a nutty flavour to yet, is firm and less stickier than other varieties of rice.
Stuffed Peppers with Camargue Rice and Apricots is vegan.
- 250g peppers
- Oil for glazing
- 125g Camargue rice
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1tbs apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon juice
- 1tbs oregano
- 2tbs olive oil
- 50g dried apricots
- Season to taste
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Cook the rice in water until softened. Set to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the peppers in half removing the pith and seeds. Glaze the back of the peppers with oil. Set to one side.
- Sauté the shallots in oil until translucent. Baste in the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Place the rice in a large mixing bowl with the shallot, garlic, vinegars, oil. Chop the apricots and toss into the bowl. Season to taste this stuffing.
- Use a spoon to spoon in the stuffing into the pepper cavities.
- Lay the peppers into a baking dish. In a separate baking dish cover the pumpkin seeds with oil.
- Bake the peppers for 20 minutes. And, pumpkins seeds for 10 minutes.
- Serve by garnishing the peppers with the pumpkin seeds.