Stuffed Peppers with Camargue Rice and Apricots
Stuffed Peppers with Camargue Rice and Apricots is another one of my more traditional recipes. Something I used to make during my early twenties. What I love about these Stuffed Peppers with Camargue Rice and Apricots is the sweet taste the various ingredients and the punchiness of the stuffing.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Vegan Main, Vegan Side, Vegan Starter
Cuisine: Vegan, Paleovegan, Paleo
- 4 medium peppers
- Oil for glazing
- 250g Camargue rice
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2 apricots
- Season to taste
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Cook the rice in water until softened. Set to one side in its water.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the peppers in half removing the pith and seeds. Glaze the back of the peppers with oil. Set to one side.
- Place the rice in a large mixing bowl with the shallot, garlic, vinegars, oil. Chop the apricots and toss into the bowl. Season to taste this stuffing.
- Use a spoon to spoon in the stuffing into the pepper cavities.
- Lay the peppers into a baking dish. In a separate baking dish cover the pumpkin seeds with oil.
- Bake the peppers and pumpkin seeds for 20 minutes.
- Serve by garnishing the peppers with the pumpkin seeds.