- 8g fresh yeast
- 120ml lukewarm water
- 25g caster sugar
- ¼ salt
- 250g “00” (Italian doppio zero) flour
- 60g vegetable shortening
- 250ml oat cream
- ½tsp agar agar
- 50g icing sugar
- 250g summer fruits – blueberries, raspberry and strawberries
- Flan tray – 10 inch circumference
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl place the fresh yeast in lukewarm water, caster sugar and salt.
- Place the flour and vegetable shortening into a mixer. Add the yeast mixture and combine using a dough hook until well kneaded. This should be about 10 minutes.
- Line a flat tray with vegetable shortening.
- On a flat surface covered with flour, roll the dough into a circle, wide enough to cover the flan and over the edges of the flan tray. Line the dough in the flan tray.
- Top tip – the dough will start to spring back during the baking process.
- Prick the dough with a fork all over the dough base.
- Top tip – pricking the dough helps ensure that the air bubbles are kept to a minimum.
- Cook the dough until it is lightly golden. This should take about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set to one side.
- For the cream topping, place the oat cream with icing sugar and agar agar over a light heat and gently stir until it starts to thicken.
- Gently remove the flan base from the tray and place on a serving dish.
- Add the cream mixture to the flan base. Litter the summer fruits evenly on top and place the Tart aux fruits in the refrigerator for about an hour or two until it sets.
- Serve cold.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef