- 1 pineapple
- 200g raw unrefined sugar cane
- ½ lemon, juice
- 200g “00” doppio flour
- 250g coconut oil
- 200g marmalade
- 200g almond milk
- 4tbs linseeds, grounded
- 8tbs filtered water
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees.
- Line the base of 9-inch round ovenproof dish with oil and baking paper.
- Remove the skin of the pineapple and its core. Slice the pineapple into 1cm pieces. Layer the pineapple on top of the baking paper.
- In a separate pan, melt 50g of the coconut oil and add the half the cane sugar. Allow the cane sugar to dissolve. Stir in the lemon juice. Once melted pour over the pineapple.
- Take the grounded linseeds and mix into a smooth paste with water.
- Sift the flour into a food processor. Add the remaining oil, the linseed mixture, the marmalade and almond milk. Whisk together to form a smooth batter.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and bake for about 45 minutes until the cake is firm in the centre.
- Set the cake to one side until it has cooled down. Turn out the cake by placing an inverted plate over the top of the dish. Turn the dish and plate over in one quick action.
High in saturated fat
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society