- 1 pineapple
- 200g raw unrefined sugar cane
- ½ lemon, juice
- 200g “00” doppio flour
- 250g coconut oil
- 200g marmalade
- 200g almond milk
- 4tbs linseeds, grounded
- 8tbs filtered water
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees.
- Line the base of 9-inch round ovenproof dish with oil and baking paper.
- Remove the skin of the pineapple and its core. Slice the pineapple into 1cm pieces. Layer the pineapple on top of the baking paper.
- In a separate pan, melt 50g of the coconut oil and add the half the cane sugar. Allow the cane sugar to dissolve. Stir in the lemon juice. Once melted pour over the pineapple.
- Take the grounded linseeds and mix into a smooth paste with water.
- Sift the flour into a food processor. Add the remaining oil, the linseed mixture, the marmalade and almond milk. Whisk together to form a smooth batter.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and bake for about 45 minutes until the cake is firm in the centre.
- Set the cake to one side until it has cooled down. Turn out the cake by placing an inverted plate over the top of the dish. Turn the dish and plate over in one quick action.
High in saturated fat
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef