Vegan Christmas Pudding – Fig and Walnut
Vegan Christmas Pudding created using Fig and Walnut Mincemeat came about because I wanted to create a Christmas Pudding that was full of fruity sumptuousness and that also not add any extra sugar too it. The richness of the fruits provide the lush taste to this recipe. For this recipe I use a steamer as for me this gets the best results.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert, Pudding
- 4 whole walnut pieces
- 2tbs golden syrup
- 500g Fig and Walnut Mincemeat - see recipe here – https://buff.ly/2Bq8ZU3
- 100g “00” doppio flour
- 50g almonds, ground
- 2tbs flaxseeds, ground
- ½tsp baking powder
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- zest of one orange
- Toffee Sauce - see recipe here - https://buff.ly/2UVmvYD
- In a large mixing bowl place the mincemeat, flour, almonds, flaxseeds and baking powder. Combine well using a spatula.
- Add the coconut oil to the mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture into a 600ml pudding bowl. Flatten with the back of the spatula. Turn out the pudding mixture from the bowl and set one side. (This makes it easier for placing on top of the golden syrup.
- Line the pudding basin with parchment paper.
- Place the 4 walnut pieces into the base of the pudding basin. Pour over the golden syrup.
- Add the shaped pudding mixture on top and flatten with the back of the spatula.
- Place the pudding mixture uncovered into the steamer and steam for an hour.
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes. Store in a cool place when needed.
- Reheat by steaming for about 30 minutes.
- Turn the pudding into a serving dish. Remove the parchment paper.
- Garnish with the zest of the orange.
- Serve with toffee sauce – see recipe here.