- 4 whole walnut pieces
- 2tbs golden syrup
- 500g Fig and Walnut Mincemeat - see recipe here – https://buff.ly/2Bq8ZU3
- 100g “00” doppio flour
- 50g almonds, ground
- 2tbs flaxseeds, ground
- ½tsp baking powder
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- zest of one orange
- Toffee Sauce - see recipe here - https://buff.ly/2UVmvYD
- In a large mixing bowl place the mincemeat, flour, almonds, flaxseeds and baking powder. Combine well using a spatula.
- Add the coconut oil to the mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture into a 600ml pudding bowl. Flatten with the back of the spatula. Turn out the pudding mixture from the bowl and set one side. (This makes it easier for placing on top of the golden syrup.
- Line the pudding basin with parchment paper.
- Place the 4 walnut pieces into the base of the pudding basin. Pour over the golden syrup.
- Add the shaped pudding mixture on top and flatten with the back of the spatula.
- Place the pudding mixture uncovered into the steamer and steam for an hour.
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes. Store in a cool place when needed.
- Reheat by steaming for about 30 minutes.
- Turn the pudding into a serving dish. Remove the parchment paper.
- Garnish with the zest of the orange.
- Serve with toffee sauce – see recipe here.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef