Vegetable Curry Laksa
Vegetable Curry Laksa came about purely because I was in Bali and was able to find fresh laksa leaves. For me this is an absolute treat as a chef. I get to experiment and to try new ingredients or ingredients available in other formats than I am used to in London. Also, I do not like to overcook my ingredients – so the beans and carrots in this dish retain their crunch flavour. I love this dish because you can taste the subtle flavours on both the laksa and curry leaves. This dish is for four servings.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main, Soup
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2tbs coconut oil
- Small bunch of laksa leaves (or 2 tbs dried laksa leaves)
- Small bunch of curry leaves (or 2 tbs dried curry leaves)
- 6 garlic gloves
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium size onion
- 500ml coconut milk
- 75g rice vermicelli
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 1tsp paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 150g long beans
- 150g carrots
- Grind the curry and laksa leaves in a grinder.
- Sauté the leaves in the oil with the garlic, ginger and onions for about 3 to 4 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir periodically and cook for about 10 minutes or until the vermicelli is soft.