Wholefood Jackfruit Seaweed in Grapefruit Juice
Wholefood Jackfruit Seaweed in Grapefruit Juice came about because I wanted to create something summery that was not too onerous. The other thing is that dish does not involve much heating which means it remains succulent. I serve this dish with zucchini spaghetti to give it freshness. I don’t use oil in this recipe as the flavours just come steaming through without it.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, No-oil
- 5g dried seaweed
- 300ml filtered water
- 2 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ inch ginger, grated
- 125g jackfruit, ripe and chopped
- ½ grapefruit, juice
- Soak the seaweed in water in a large wok. Leave for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, shallots, garlic, ginger and cook over a gentle heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the jackfruit, and grapefruit juice. Gently heat for a further 5 minutes. Switch off heat.
- Serve with zucchini spaghetti.