- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 550ml filtered water
- few sprigs of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 200g green beans, cut into segments
- 1 spanish red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 pieces of celery sticks, cut into strips
- Season to taste
- In a large pan, add the olive oil and onion. Cook the onions until they soften.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and fenugreek seeds and add about 50ml of water. Cook for about 5 minutes. This ensures that the curry spices cook and create a marsala paste.
- Add the rosemary, garlic, and optional chilli and remaining water. Bring to the boil and simmer under a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Top tip – here I really want the rosemary and garlic to infuse the marsala.
- Add the green beans, red pepper and celery sticks and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with rice or roti.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef
- 10 signs you’re thriving in India (matadornetwork.com)