Rosemary Green Bean Spanish Pepper Curry -
I love crunchy vegetables that simply melt in your mouth and this curry is no exception. I serve this with brown rice (but you can also serve with white basmati rice). Green beans are exceptional in providing dietary fibre, which reduces cholesterol levels.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 550ml filtered water
- few sprigs of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 200g green beans, cut into segments
- 1 spanish red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 pieces of celery sticks, cut into strips
- Season to taste
- In a large pan, add the olive oil and onion. Cook the onions until they soften.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and fenugreek seeds and add about 50ml of water. Cook for about 5 minutes. This ensures that the curry spices cook and create a marsala paste.
- Add the rosemary, garlic, and optional chilli and remaining water. Bring to the boil and simmer under a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Top tip – here I really want the rosemary and garlic to infuse the marsala.
- Add the green beans, red pepper and celery sticks and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with rice or roti.