Tarragon Sweet Potato Caramelised Onion Soup
This Tarragon Sweet Potato Caramelised Onion Soup is simple to make and tastes utterly divine. Sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index, good for those suffering from diabetes and others that monitor their blood sugar level.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Starter
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 1 litre filtered water
- 200g mushrooms
- 4 onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 400ml coconut milk
- Season to taste
- Small bunch of Tarragon
- In a saucepan, place the mushrooms in water and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Drain and keep the stock. Discard the mushrooms.
- In a large non-stick pan, add the coconut and onions. Cook the onions under a medium to low heat until they caramelise. Stir the pan at regular intervals for about 15 minutes.
- Add the grated sweet potato, mushroom stock and coconut milk. Cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- When serving add and stir in the Tarragon.