- 450g blackberries
- 70g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 50ml filtered water
- 50ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- For pastry
- 100g barley flakes
- 100g wholewheat flour
- 50g coconut oil
- 50g vegetable shortening
- 100g raw cane sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 22 x 22cm circular pyrex dish
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (325°F).
- Place the sugar and water into a glass pyrex dish and cook over a low heat. Allow the sugar to dissolve. Add the lemon juice. Bring to the boil and turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl add the barley flakes, flour, cinnamon, oil, shortening and sugar. Mix with your hands until it forms into a crumble texture.
- Use a spatula and spoon the blackberries into the sugar syrup mixture in the pyrex dish.
- Gently add the flour mixture on top of the blackberries.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef