- 450g blackberries
- 70g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 50ml filtered water
- 50ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- For pastry
- 100g barley flakes
- 100g wholewheat flour
- 50g coconut oil
- 50g vegetable shortening
- 100g raw cane sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 22 x 22cm circular pyrex dish
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (325°F).
- Place the sugar and water into a glass pyrex dish and cook over a low heat. Allow the sugar to dissolve. Add the lemon juice. Bring to the boil and turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl add the barley flakes, flour, cinnamon, oil, shortening and sugar. Mix with your hands until it forms into a crumble texture.
- Use a spatula and spoon the blackberries into the sugar syrup mixture in the pyrex dish.
- Gently add the flour mixture on top of the blackberries.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society