- 100g dates
- 250ml vegan cream (I use oat cream)
- 400ml vegetable yogurt (I use coconut)
- ¼ vanilla pod
- 150g ground almonds
- 1 pomegranate
- 25g coconut flakes
- Whizz the dates in a chopper until finely chopped.
- Blend the dates with the cream, yogurt and vanilla pod in a blender.
- Place the date mixture into a large bowl. Toss in the ground almonds and pomegranate seeds. Leave a few pomegranate seeds for garnishing.
- Garnish with coconut flakes and remaining seeds.
- Serve at room temperature.
• No cholesterol
• Low in sodium
• High in sugar
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society