Apricot and Hazelnut Cookies
These Apricot and Hazelnut Cookies are gluten-free and go down a storm. I even made a dinky present - ideal for someone you may be dating! Apricots are an excellent source of Vitamin A and carotene.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert, Snacks
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 200g coconut oil
- 200g unrefined raw sugar cane
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsps ground cinnamon
- ½ tsps sea salt
- 120g sorghum flour (gluten-free)
- 280g plain white flour
- 4 fresh apricots, coarsely chopped
- 100g hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 tsps egg replacer mixed with filtered water
- Beat the oil, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour and continue mixing.
- Mix in the apricots and hazelnuts.
- Finally, add the egg replacer. Continue mixing for about a minute.
- Lay out a long piece of cellophane and gently transfer the dough on to it. Softly, shape into a log about 4 to 5 centimetres in diameter. Wrap the dough in the cellophane and refrigerate overnight.
- Top tip: placing the dough in the cellophane keeps it moist but the refrigerator helps the dough to set and make it firm.
- Cut the dough log into 1cm slices. Shape into circles and transfer the cookies onto baking sheets. Space evenly apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve cold - as an option you can sprinkle on some icing sugar. Store in a sealed jar to preserve flavour!