- 200g coconut oil
- 200g unrefined raw sugar cane
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsps ground cinnamon
- ½ tsps sea salt
- 120g sorghum flour (gluten-free)
- 280g plain white flour
- 4 fresh apricots, coarsely chopped
- 100g hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 tsps egg replacer mixed with filtered water
- Beat the oil, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour and continue mixing.
- Mix in the apricots and hazelnuts.
- Finally, add the egg replacer. Continue mixing for about a minute.
- Lay out a long piece of cellophane and gently transfer the dough on to it. Softly, shape into a log about 4 to 5 centimetres in diameter. Wrap the dough in the cellophane and refrigerate overnight.
- Top tip: placing the dough in the cellophane keeps it moist but the refrigerator helps the dough to set and make it firm.
- Cut the dough log into 1cm slices. Shape into circles and transfer the cookies onto baking sheets. Space evenly apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve cold - as an option you can sprinkle on some icing sugar. Store in a sealed jar to preserve flavour!
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef