- 200g coconut oil
- 200g unrefined raw sugar cane
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsps ground cinnamon
- ½ tsps sea salt
- 120g sorghum flour (gluten-free)
- 280g plain white flour
- 4 fresh apricots, coarsely chopped
- 100g hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 tsps egg replacer mixed with filtered water
- Beat the oil, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour and continue mixing.
- Mix in the apricots and hazelnuts.
- Finally, add the egg replacer. Continue mixing for about a minute.
- Lay out a long piece of cellophane and gently transfer the dough on to it. Softly, shape into a log about 4 to 5 centimetres in diameter. Wrap the dough in the cellophane and refrigerate overnight.
- Top tip: placing the dough in the cellophane keeps it moist but the refrigerator helps the dough to set and make it firm.
- Cut the dough log into 1cm slices. Shape into circles and transfer the cookies onto baking sheets. Space evenly apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve cold - as an option you can sprinkle on some icing sugar. Store in a sealed jar to preserve flavour!
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society