- 10g of dried porcini mushrooms
- 1.2 litres hot filtered water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 500g arborio rice
- 350ml vegan dry white wine
- 50g shiitake mushrooms
- 50g oyster mushrooms
- a few sprigs of basil, chopped
- 25g coconut oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in 1.2 litres of hot water for about 30 minutes. Set the porcini mushrooms. The remaining water can be used as a stock.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick saucepan. Add the shallots and garlic. Allow the shallots to soften.
- Add the chestnut mushrooms and fry for a further few minutes.
- Stir in the rice and coat in the oil. Pour in the wine with the chilli. Stir regularly and simmer over a gentle heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the shiitake and oyster mushooms.
- Ladle in the stock. Stir and simmer, until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the stock, until the rice is tender. This process will take about 45 minutes.
- When the risotto is almost done, add the porcini mushrooms, butter, salt, pepper and basil.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve warm.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef
- Six Books on Plant Foraging You Won’t Want to Miss (readynutrition.com)