Bite into crunch and yumminess. And, lounge.
Crunchy nutty mouth-watering Apricot Baobab Chocolate Brownies enriched with almonds, millet, cocoa and chocolate.
This dish will have you somersaulting over your beliefs that vegan food can’t be super awesome.
- When you’ve a lark in the park and need some treats that’ll have you up and playing rounders in zilch time
- When you’ve got a day at the beach and a yummy snack after you’ve taken a dive in the sea will have your shivers dissipate as you bite into pure lushness
- When your kiddies need a scrumptious snack mid-morning as they languish on the playground
Apricot Baobab Chocolate Brownies was inspired when I held my first London Retreat with friends (Kevin, Michele, Oliver, Christiana, David and Martin). These lush brownies were served that day and a testament to good friends pushing me to do even better.
Apricot Baobab Chocolate Brownies is vegan and gluten-free.
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 100g almonds, blanched ground
- 25g millet
- 100g raw unrefined cane sugar
- 50g baobab
- 50g cacao powder
- 75ml olive oil
- 120ml filtered water
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin with olive oil or a 12 mini cake tray
- In a high-food processor grind the almonds, millet, sugar and salt. Transfer to the mixing bowl and swirl in with a spatula.
- Toss in the cocoa and baobab into the dry mixture.
- Add into the brownie mixture the water and oil.
- Chop and distribute the dark chocolate.
- Distribute the brownies into the tray in equal measure.
- Chop the dried apricots in a chop and spoon onto the brownies.
- Cover the tray in aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.