Moist and succulent is exactly what your pecker needs… And, pamper.
Rice mirin lime-flavoured aubergine boats coated with buckwheat groats drizzled with balsamic vinegar and garnished with lashings of parsley and rose petals; Baked Aubergine stuffed with Buckwheat.
This dish will burst your belief that vegan food can’t be super scrumptious.
- When the neighbours got a bbq organised and you need a subtle dish that’ll go with the salad
- When it’s baking hot outside and you fancy an intimate dinner with your beau/belle on the terrace with fairy lights glittering around
- When you’ve got the girls over for poker night and want a dish that won’t have you breaking into a sweat – mascara darling!
Baked Aubergine stuffed with Buckwheat was inspired by sunset gazing and al fresco dining on the cobbled streets of Mykonos.
Glossy purple-black bell-shaped aubergine belongs to the nightshade family, meaning they contain alkaloids, high in a nitrogen. Aubergine is high in antioxidants helping protect the body against harmful free radicals. It’s also a good source of manganese, which supports bone density.
Baked Aubergine stuffed with Buckwheat is vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 aubergines
- 5tbs olive oil
- 1tbs rice mirin
- ½ lime, juice
- 2tbs balsamic vinegar
- 80g buckwheat groats
- 1tbs fennel seeds
- 1tbs poppy seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Few sprigs of coriander
- Handful of rose petals
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the aubergines in two. Scoop out the flesh. Leave a gap with the skin. Brush the skin with 2 tbs olive oil and place the flesh on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Place the aubergine flesh into a blender. Add in 2tbs of olive oil, the rice mirin, lime juice and salt. Blend well.
- Remove and mix in half the buckwheat, the fennel and poppy seeds.
- Place the aubergine flesh mixture into the aubergine boats.
- Coat the other half of the buckwheat with 1tbs of olive oil and scatter over the aubergine flesh.
- Drizzle on the balsamic vinegar.
- Bake aubergines in the oven for 30 mins.
- Garnish the aubergines with coriander and rose petals.