Broad Bean and Pea Risotto
Broad Bean and Pea Risotto is another off my timeless recipes. What I love about this risotto is the vibrant greens which look lush in Spring. This Broad Bean and Pea Risotto I decided to rephotograph.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Vegan Main, Vegan Starter
Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 3tsb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 200g risotto rice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 350ml dry white wine
- 1 litres hot water
- 500g broad bean, fresh
- 500g garden peas, fresh
- Pistachio, avocado or pumpkin seed oil for drizzling
- Remove the broad beans and garden peas from their pod and set to one side.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick saucepan. Add the shallots and garlic. Allow the shallots to soften.
- Stir in the rice and coat in the oil. Pour in the wine. Stir regularly and simmer over a gentle heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- Ladle in the stock. Stir and simmer, until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the stock, until the rice is tender. This process will take about 30 minutes.
- When the risotto is almost done switch off the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broad beans and garden peas. Place lid on top and leave to rest of a couple of minutes.
- Serve the risotto with cold oil drizzled all over each serving.