- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2tbs extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200g Brussels sprouts
- Few sprigs of parsley
- 50g Brazil nuts
- ½ lime, juice
- ¼ cinnamon stick, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the stem off of the mushrooms. Leave the bulbs and the flesh to one side.
- Sauté the shallot with the garlic in coconut oil until the shallots turn translucent.
- Chop the Brussels sprouts and parsley. (I use a chopper for these herbs). Add to the shallot mixture with the stem of the mushroom and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Set to one side.
- Add the Brazil nuts and lime to the mixture and season to taste.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop Brussels sprout mixture into the bulbs.
- Drizzle over the olive oil. Sprinkle on the cinnamon.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes until the mushrooms soften.
- Serve warm.
• Low in sugar
• Very high in selenium
• Very high in vitamin C
• High in saturated fat
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef