- 50g sunflower seeds
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 500g cassava, shredded
- 1kg filtered water
- 1 inch turmeric, grated (or alternatively, 1tbs turmeric powder)
- 3tbs olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 1tbs coriander seeds
- 2 oranges
- 1tsp harissa paste (optional)
- bunch of coriander leaves
- Soak the pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in filtered water.
- Cut the oranges in two and squeeze out the juice. Place the remaining peel in a chopper and chop finely. Set the juice to one side.
- Place the orange peel with the cassava in filtered water over a medium heat. Bring to boil and simmer for about 25 minutes until the cassava forms into a glutinous source. Set to one side.
- In a frying pan place the turmeric with the olive oil to form a sauce. Cook over a low heat for three or four minutes. Add the shallots with the coriander seed and sauté until the coriander seeds start to golden. Add to the orange peel and cassava mixture.
- Drain the seeds and add to the mixture too. Add the orange juice too to the mixture. Roughly mix.
- Season to taste. Add the harissa at this stage, if you feel so inclined...
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef