Cavolo Nero and Mushroom Stir Fry with Marinaded Beetroot, Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Rice
Cavolo Nero and Mushroom Stir Fry with Marinaded Beetroot, Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Rice came about because I wanted to create a quick and easy stir fry that retained raw elements too. Here I lightly stir fry the cavolo nero with mushroom and then switch off the heat and allow the sauce to marinade with the parsnip, carrot and zucchini to create this lush light dish. This dish got me through a day of talks, going from one event to another and meeting up with a friend, Alan Martin for drinks.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main, Side
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 4 medium sized cherry tomatoes
- 75g cavolo nero, sliced
- 1 large Portobello mushroom, cubed
- 1 parsnip, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 beetroot, grated
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tbs cider vinegar
- 2 tbs tamari sauce
- 1 tbs amino liquid
- pinch of salt
- Sauté the shallot in coconut oil in a large wok until the shallot turns translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook over a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Toss in the cavolo nero and mushroom and cook for a further three to four minutes. Switch off the heat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Transfer to a large serving dish and set to one side at room temperature for a couple of hours.