Chestnut and Brussels Sprout Frittata -
Chestnut and Brussels Sprout Frittata makes a savoury start to the day but also a nice snack in the day. Though, overpowering slightly, this dish has sufficient enough Brussel Sprouts to allow the subtle taste of the chestnuts to shine.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
- 600g potatoes (sliced to 2cm in thickness)
- 3tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 300g potatoes (sliced to 2cm in thickness)
- 2tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 400g organic tofu
- 125ml oat cream
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1tsp agar agar
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g Brussels Sprouts
- 100g chestnuts
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sauté the potatoes in the olive oil until the potatoes are golden brown on each side.
- In a blender combine the oat cream, tofu, garlic cloves, onion, lemon and salt. Whizz to a smooth consistency.
- Line a baking tin or pyrex dish with parchment paper. Using a pastry brush, line the sides with olive oil.
- Add the potatoes with the oil, Brussels Sprouts and chestnuts to the baking tin. Pour over the tofu mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes until the Frittata becomes golden brown.
- Remove from the heat. Allow to cool. Serve either lukewarm or place in the fridge, and eat when cold.