So this is a take on traditional Indian Pakora and what I made for work colleagues at De Montfort University. Went down an awesome treat for a party – and great way to make new friends.
- extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 450ml coconut milk
- 600g “00” doppio flour
- 16g yeast
- 600g fennel
- 2 medium onions
- 2tsp paprika
- 2tsb mango powder
- ½ bunch of coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- season to taste
- optional – 2 chilies finely sliced
- In a large bowl place the milk and yeast. Mix well and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Add the flour, paprika and mango powder to the bowl. Mix and leave to one side.
- Place the fennel, onions and coriander in a food processor and chop well. Add to the bowl.
By Edward Daniel, Vegan Chef and Former Chair of The Vegan Society. Contributor to Vegan Life Magazine, Plant Based Magazine, Vegan Food and Living Magazine and OK! Magazine. Speaker and cooking demonstrator at Vegan Life Life Festival London, Mind Body and Spirit Festival London, Veganes Sommerfest Berlin, and Bali Vegan Festival. Author of "Essence: The Beginner's Guide to Veganism".