- 3tsb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 350ml dry white wine
- 1 litres hot water
- 800g broad bean, fresh
- 500g garden peas, fresh
- Pistachio oil for drizzling
- Remove the broad beans and garden peas from their pod and set to one side.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick saucepan. Add the shallots and garlic. Allow the shallots to soften.
- Stir in the rice and coat in the oil. Pour in the wine. Stir regularly and simmer over a gentle heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- Ladle in the stock. Stir and simmer, until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the stock, until the rice is tender. This process will take about 45 minutes.
- When the risotto is almost done switch off the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add the broad beans and garden peas. Place lid on top and leave to rest of a couple of minutes.
- Serve the risotto with pistachio oil drizzled all over each serving.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef