- 1 400g tin chick peas, drained
- 4 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 3 tbsp raw tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 groundings black pepper
- ½ lemon, juice
- In a blender or food processor place all the ingredients save the lemon. Blend until smooth. Leave ¾ chickpeas for garnishing.
- Top tip
- I actually prefer to have a hummus retain a rough texture so I do not blend until it is thoroughly smooth. I guess it is your preference.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon. And, a teaspoon at a time the lemon juice to the above mixture and continue blending.
- Top tip
- I find that you need to be careful with the amount of lemon juice you use, as you can put too much in, which in turn can overpower the dish. Ideally, the subtle taste of the chickpeas and sesame seed oil should continue to come through.
- Serve with pitta bread or use as a dip with vegetables. (The caption shows the hummus being served with lashings of seeded flatbreads).
- Top tip
- The best way to keep hummus is to place it in a bowl and wrap the hummus with cling film. Ideally, you need to ensure that no air can get into the hummus. This way the hummus it is possible to preserve the hummus for about a week because it is not exposed to the elements and will not oxidise.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society