Savour something smooth as it slides down your throat.
Life invigorating Sprouted Chickpea Hummus infused with olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and a trace of salt and pepper, topped with sweet paprika.
This dish will overcome any hurdle that vegan food can’t be simple to make.
- When you’ve got a party and need a scrummy dip that’ll go with all the crackers and tortilla chips
- When you’ve got a last-minute dinner party and need a quick and dirty starter that’ll have you
- When the lads are over for poker night and you a snack that’ll fix hunger pangs to go with your lager
Sprouted Chickpea Hummus was inspired when having a raw potluck – a dish that’d satiate appetites and be quick to rustle up.
Not only is this live food but there is a certain nuttiness to the chickpeas which is sometime lost through cooking them. Still this Sprouted Chickpea Hummus retains its creaminess assisted by the tahini, oil and lemon juice.
Hummus is a Middle Eastern dip. Tahini provides the ying and chick pea the yang – aligning perfectly in this dish. High in fibre it promote good gut health.
- 100g chickpeas
- 3tbs olive oil
- 2tbs raw tahini
- 30ml filtered water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½tsp sweet paprika powder
- Sprout the chickpeas by soaking in water for 24 hours. Drain the chickpeas and place in a colander over a bowl. Cover with a cloth for 48 hours at room temperature. The chickpeas should start to sprout.
- Remove about 30g of chickpeas. Cover with paprika and a dash of olive oil. Set aside as garnish.
- Place the tahini, oil, juice, garlic and salt and pepper in a blender. Blend well.
- Add in the chickpeas and pulse roughly. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with the paprika covered chickpeas. Drizzle oil over.
- Serve with bread or whatever takes your fancy.