Tremble in anticipation as your loins quiver. And, spoil yourself.
Crispy kale, tart pomegranates and mung beans dressed in olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice; Kale Pomegranate and Sprouted Mung Bean Salad.
This dish will overthrow any belief that vegan food can’t be super nourishing.
- When you fancy a light hearty salad that’ll enliven you
- When you’re rushed for time and quick nurturing salad that’ll enhance your main dish
- When you’ve got a finger food buffet and need an easy salad that’ll have your guests salivating
Kale Pomegranate and Sprouted Mung Bean Salad was inspired by Jana, a fellow volunteer at Calme Garden, Lagonissi who used the garden’s organically grown ingredients to create this wonderful salad full of abundance.
Kale Pomegranate and Sprouted Mung Bean Salad is vegan and raw.
- 100g mung beans
- 1 pomegranate
- 5 strips of kale
- 4tbs olive oil
- 2tbs cider vinegar
- ½ lemon juice
- Few sprigs of coriander
- Few sprigs of dill
- Season to taste
- Leave the mung beans to soak in filtered water for at least 24 hours. Cover with a cloth. Drain and add fresh water and leave to soak for a further 24 hours. Transfer the beans to a colander over a bowl and re-cover with cloth for 24 hours. Soak again in water for a few hours before air drying. The mung beans should sprout. Leave to sprout for a further day.
- Remove the kale leaves from the stem and place into a large mixing bowl with the pomegranate seeds. Toss in the sprouted mung beans, and chopped coriander and dills.
- Pour in the oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.