Marrow and Dulse Stew
Marrow and Dulse Stew came about because a couple of my friends kindly donated some organic marrow. It was a case of using such generosity to create a new recipe. I had some dulse left over and wanted a dish with subtle flavours and toss in some Wasabi. I do not use oil in this recipe.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, Paleovegan, Paleo, Wholefoods, No oil
- 1kg Marrow (organic)
- 1 litre filtered water
- 25g dulse, dried
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic (smoked, optional), chopped
- 1 star anise
- 1tsb wasabi
- 1tsb caraway seeds
- 1tsb teriyaki sauce
- 1tsb capers
- few sprigs of coriander
- Skin the marrow. Roughly chop the marrow into chunks. Place the skin and chunks into a large saucepan.
- Add in the water, dulse, shallots, garlic, star anise, wasabi, caraway seeds, teriyaki sauce and capers.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Switch off the heat.
- Using a ladle remove the skin with some of the liquid and blend to a fine consistency in a blender. Return to the sauce pan. Stir.