Pan Fried King Oyster Mushrooms
Pan Fried King Oyster Mushrooms are one of those lush simple recipes to put together. This dish has nori/laver seaweed which gives it an umami flavour with the oyster mushrooms. I just love this dish because all that needed is marinating the mushrooms first and when ready, pan frying. Looks divine when dished up.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, Paleovegan, apleo
- 300g king oyster mushrooms
- For marinade
- 2tbs rice mirin
- 1tbs sesame seed oil
- 1tbs maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1tbs nori/laver, dried and grounded
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Sichuan pepper
- Oil for frying
- For garnishing
- Black sesame seeds
- Few sprigs of parsley
- Cut the King Oyster Mushrooms in strips. Take each strip and then criss-cross with a knife only just beneath the surface.
- Make the marinade by combining together the marinading ingredients. Place in a mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Coat the mushrooms in the marinade and set to one side in a baking dish. Leave for a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, pan fry the mushrooms in oil.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and chopped parsley and serve with noodles or rice.