Guzzle something soft and slick down your gut.
Salmon-alt Papaya Gravlax marinaded in crushed juniper berries, smoked paprika and Arctic Sea salt. A touch of the Nordics straight to you.
This dish will topple your belief that vegan food can’t be simple to rustle up.
- When you’re wanting canapés on the go and you’ve got guests to wow at your soiree!
- When you’ve got the in-laws over for the weekend and you’re wanting a create a massive impress
- When you’re wanting to create a magical private evening with your other half and nothing but the bees knees will do and who knows where you’ll end up… Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
Papaya Gravlax was inspired when wanting an alternative to salmon gravlax; with a salt and sugar brine and additional juniper berries.
Papaya Gravlax is vegan, raw and paleo.
- 500g papaya, skinned
- For marinade
- 1tbs nori/laver
- 1tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1tbs maple syrup
- 1tbs sesame seed oil
- 1/2tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ lime
- 4 crushed juniper berries
- Make the marinade by combining the marinating ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Either use a knife or a spiraliser to cut thin slithers of papaya.
- Marinade the papaya for about an hour.
- Lay the papaya flat on the dehydrating sheets and dehydrate for about 1 hour.
- Retain the marinade for dressing but remove the juniper berries.
- Serve the papaya with crackers or whatever you prefer. Garnish with dill and gently dress the papaya with a little of the marinade.