Raw Apricot Beetroot Fool
Raw Beetroot Apricot Fool came about because I wanted to create a dish that combined sweet and tart flavours together. This recipe is ideal for a dinner party and it should be eaten within a couple of days of making it – it begins to oxidise quite rapidly even if kept in the fridge. Ideally, it should be served immediately.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Raw, Paleovegan, Vegan
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 60g sunflower seeds
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled
- 12tbs filtered water
- pinch of salt
- 250g vegan cream
- 100g apricots, dried
- 1tsp vanilla extra
- ¼ lemon, juice
- coconut shavings
- In a food processor, combine the pumpkin and sunflower seeds to a fine consistency.
- Add the beetroot, water and salt to the seed mixture. Process until smooth. Set to one side.
- In a blender combine the apricots, cream, vanilla extract and juice. Set to one side.
- In a large serving dish layer the beetroot mixture with the apricot mixture.
- Garnish with coconut shavings.
- Serve immediately.