- 1 aubergine
- 1 tbs rock salt
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1-inch ginger, grated finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 1tbs pomegranate molasses
- For garnishing
- Coriander leaves
- Cut the aubergine into small diced cubes into a few millimetres squared. Place into a large mixing bowl with the salt. Use your hands to ensure that the salt is evenly distributed over the aubergine.
- Remove the aubergine and place into a colander with the bottom of the coriander resting on a large bowl to permit any excess water to drain out. Leave for about three or four hours.
- Use a dry cloth to remove any excess liquid from the aubergine.
- In a bowl place add the remaining ingredients to make the marinade.
- Place the aubergine in the marinade and leave for at least a couple of hours.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef