- For the trifle topping
- 1kg rhubarb
- 200g unrefined raw coconut sugar
- 500ml vegan milk (I really like the flavour of Tiger milk)
- For cake
- 150ml olive oil
- 100ml coconut oil, melted
- 100g unrefined raw coconut sugar
- 400g flour
- 100ml filtered water
- 4tbs flaxseeds, ground
- 2tbs bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbs cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin with olive oil. Place baking paper so that it covers the bottom and sides.
- In a food mixer combine the oils with the sugar. Add the flour, water and flaxseeds. Continue whizzing.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar. The batter should start to fizz.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin. Cover the top with aluminium foil. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. You want to ensure that the cake remains moist and do not worry if the skewer does not come out clean.
- Remove from the oven from the oven and set to one side. Turnover into a large deep serving dish.
- Combine the topping comprising the rhubarb, sugar and milk in a blend. Pour over the cake. Allow to soak about an hour before serving.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society