- For the trifle topping
- 1kg rhubarb
- 200g unrefined raw coconut sugar
- 500ml vegan milk (I really like the flavour of Tiger milk)
- For cake
- 150ml olive oil
- 100ml coconut oil, melted
- 100g unrefined raw coconut sugar
- 400g flour
- 100ml filtered water
- 4tbs flaxseeds, ground
- 2tbs bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbs cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin with olive oil. Place baking paper so that it covers the bottom and sides.
- In a food mixer combine the oils with the sugar. Add the flour, water and flaxseeds. Continue whizzing.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar. The batter should start to fizz.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin. Cover the top with aluminium foil. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. You want to ensure that the cake remains moist and do not worry if the skewer does not come out clean.
- Remove from the oven from the oven and set to one side. Turnover into a large deep serving dish.
- Combine the topping comprising the rhubarb, sugar and milk in a blend. Pour over the cake. Allow to soak about an hour before serving.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society