Rich Chocolate Baobab and Apricot Brownies
Rich Chocolate Baobab and Apricot Brownies I actually made for my experimental retreat. My friends, Kevin, Michelle, Oliver, Christiana, David and Martin joined me and gave some wonderful insight and learning into holding my first London Retreat. These lush brownies were served on that day and are a testament to good friends pushing me to do even better. I am in gratitude. These brownies are incredibly rich and lush and make a great dinner party treat; a dinner party where you imagine friends gathering round chatting after a scrumptious meal.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 150g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 200g coconut oil
- 50g baobab
- 50g cocoa
- 275g “00” doppio flour
- 150g raw unrefined sugar
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius.
- Place a glass bowl over boiling water (or even over a bain marie). Add the dark chocolate and melt with the coconut oil.
- Place the baobab, cocoa, flour, sugar into a food mixer. Fold in the melted chocolate with a spatula and combine well.
- Spoon in the apricots.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 25 minutes. It should still have a moist texture.
- Remove from the oven. Using a knife, cut into squares and set to one side.